Full-Time Senior C# Engineer (WFP, UI)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics, is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 90 countries. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with C# and WPF experience to join AIR’s growing Software Development team. Our expert software engineering team provides our clients with sophisticated modeling and analytical products to analyze the impact of catastrophic events like hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist attacks and estimate the replacement value of residential and commercial properties.
In order to be qualified for this role you must have a deep understanding of smart-client design as well as have familiarity with different design technologies, paradigms and application frameworks
- You will design frontend and middleware components in a smart client, SOA architecture using C#, WCF, WPF, Design pattern- MVVM.
- You will implement the presentation layer with WPF and ‘Infragistics .NetAdvantage’ suite as well as the business service layer with Microsoft C#, .Net Framework
- Collaborate with developers across tiers
- You will develop unit tests for newly implemented components in MS Visual Studio
- Proactively contribute to software performance optimizations and continuous improvements to code quality, robustness, and development processes.
- Required— Must have the following technical expertise:
- 7+ years of commercial-grade software development
- 3+ years of WPF, WCF and must be fluent in MVVM architecture.
- Experience with XAML markup (not just Blend drag-drop design)
- Familiarity with user-centered design methodologies and best practices in UI/UX design
- 1+ years of experience with Infragistics controls.
- 3+ years of C# development
- OOP/Object/Component-oriented design and programming
- Multi-threading on Windows platform
- Optional— Experience with the following is a plus:
- Unit testing frameworks for C#/.NET
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Code reviews, some pair programming
- SQL Server™/T-SQL/ADO.NET/ORM
- PRISM, MEF
Education and Training
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. M.S. preferred.