Full-Time Senior Software Engineer-Big Data
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics, is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 90 countries. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
We are looking for talented hands-on Software Engineers to join our Software Development Group and work on this strategic Big Data project. In this position, utilizing the latest Microsoft technologies and development platform, you will design and develop AIR’s next generation of core analytical modules using Big Data technologies like Hadoop and MPP.
Role and Responsibilities
As a key member of the engineering team building distributed and scalable software system, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. Relevant qualifications are listed below.
- Develop and design software systems which are scalable, extensible and distributed
- Build systems, libraries and frameworks on top of HPC cluster (e.g. Apache Hadoop)
- Design and implement analytical jobs to support distributed data processing
- Fluency in C# / Java, C++
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Multi-threading programming
- Background in high-performance distributed and parallel computing
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as MPP, NoSQL, HPCC, Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience using Microsoft Development platform libraries and tools
- SQL Server™, programming with T-SQL and Microsoft data access technologies
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
Education and Training
- Minimum 6 years in commercial-grade software development, specializing in backend business logic, frameworks, scalability, distribution and performance aspects of the system
- B.S. in C.S. M.S. Preferred.
Verisk Family Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers