Privacy & Cookies Policy
What we collect
We may from time to time collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, job searches and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To send our regular email newsletter updates.
- To send relevant job alerts/notifications via email
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Types of cookies you may encounter on Reinsurance.Careers
Some specific cookies we use
Please note: None of the cookies we use store any personally idenitifiable information. They are purely used to either help us understand how you use Reinsurance.Careers or to allow you to use the functionality that is provided on the Reinsurance.Careers website.
|WordPress||comment_author comment_author_email comment_author_url||WordPress is a website framework software tool which Reinsurance.Careers uses on the news blog section of the website. It allows our users to comment on articles if they should choose. Commenting can be done anonymously or you can use your real details. These cookies simply make it easier for you to comment again in future by remembering your details and automatically filling out the comment for for you.|
How best to manage cookies?
Most modern browsers let you:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them if you choose.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete the cookies your browser has collected, this could result in a degraded service. The links below take you to information for each of the major internet browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies. Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955 Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies Google Chrome http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647 Opera http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/ Safari http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html Safari iOS http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 Android http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022 Blackberry http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp Windows Phone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx Managing analytic cookies If you choose to opt out of this cookie we will no longer be able to understand what you read on Reinsurance.Careers. This helps us to serve you better, so you’ve been warned. Google Analytics http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that Reinsurance.Careers does not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will only use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, the same also applies to receiving relevant job alerts/notifications. We may from time to time share your information with companies owned by Steve Evans Ltd, such as Artemis.bm and ReinsuranceNe.ws If you believe that any information we are holding on you is false, misleading or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will correct any information found to be incorrect as soon as possible.